Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve started something new on Instagram that I hope you’re following. Every Sunday, I post an Instagram recipe reel for something I ate during the week. It’s about a 30 second recipe video, so just some snippets about what’s landing on my plate and how I got there. They’ve been super fun to create. I love capturing the moments while the meal is coming together and then stringing it all together with music.
Most weeks, they’re recipes that I’ve already shared here but every once in a while, they’re brand-new recipes that I’ve never shared on No Thanks to Cake – – including this one!
This salad is inspired by one of my favorite salads from a Utah-based fast casual restaurant called Cafe Rio. Know that their salad comes with all sorts of things on it, but I simplify it to include pico, chicken, lettuce, and like three additional scoops of pico. It’s PERFECT that way, and is exactly what I’ve put together here.
Note: I use this chopper to make my pico. It’s SUCH a great shortcut when dicing anything. Highly recommend!
View this post on Instagram
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Crunchy Fiesta Grilled Chicken Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich
- 3 cups salad greens
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- lime juice
For the Pico de Gallo
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- lime juice, to taste
- Prepare your pico de gallo, by chopping the ingredients and placing them in a small bowl. Add salt and lime juice to taste and set aside. Note: You can use store-bought pico de gallo, if you prefer.
- Cook your chicken sandwich in the microwave per the packaging instructions. Remove from microwave and allow to cool. Set aside the bun, as you will not use it for this recipe.
- Add salad greens to a large bowl. Add pico de gallo.
- Smash your tortilla chips into small pieces and add to the top of your salad.
- Slice your chicken and add it to the salad as well.
- Squeeze additional lime juice lightly onto your salad, optional.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.