Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Happy New Year!
2019 is officially here, and I’m excited to see what I’m able to accomplish in the year ahead. I’ll share more in upcoming days about what I’m hoping to achieve.
Before I share today’s recipe, I wanted to share my thoughts on 2018’s weight loss. I conducted my final weigh in for the year, and the results are below.
You might remember that I went into December hoping AT MINIMUM to stay consistent with my weight. I am thrilled that I lost 2 lbs during the holidays. Would I have hoped that number would have been higher? Sure. Considering all the ups and downs of the holidays, I’m going to take this weight loss and RUN with it.
I’m also extremely happy to report a -7.2 lb weight loss for 2018. Boom! Again, ups and downs.. but moving in a positive direction.
Ok… now, let’s talk about today’s recipe.
There’s a few dishes in the Jenny Craig lineup that I see as blank canvas – – the Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich is definitely one of those dishes. I’m surprised that I haven’t tried this in the past, but I’m thrilled that I was inspired to convert the sandwich into a colorful stirfry. Loaded with vegetables,the dish triples in size, satisfying your eyes as much as your tastebuds.
Asian Chicken Stirfry
3 cups stirfry vegetables
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic chili paste
1 tsp. minced ginger
Optional: crushed red pepper flakes
1. Cook the chicken sandwich per the package instructions. Remove the bun and set aside. Toast and chop to use as croutons on your daily salad.
2. In a skilled prepared with cooking spray and brought to medium heat, add garlic and veggies and saute until tender, 5-8 minutes depending upon what veggies you’re cooking. Note: I used a Trader Joe’s Asian veggie mix, but any combination of your favorite stirfry vegetables will work well.
3. Slice your chicken and add it to the pan, saute for an additional 3 minutes.
4. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour it atop the stirfry, stirring to combine.
5. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.