Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
If you’re new here to this blog, I hope you’re not alarmed by the number of tomatoes I add to my meals. The truth is: summer tomatoes are my favorite and come in so many shapes, sizes, and colors, that I just can’t help myself.
Seriously, who wouldn’t enjoy this dish?
My mom mentioned to me a few weeks back that she was making some chicken bruschetta for dinner and it inspired me to make this dish. Very simply, I combined chopped tomatoes with fresh basil and a little balsamic vinegar. I paired it with the Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich… and voila, a snacky (and tasty!) dinner was born.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Open-Faced Chicken Bruschetta | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich
- cooking spray
- 1 sprinkle garlic powder
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 leaves basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 drizzle balsamic glaze
- In a small bowl, combine your quartered tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar. Smash lightly with a fork and add a dash of garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cook your Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich per package instructions.
- Separate the chicken from the bun, and thinly slice the filet. Note: I slice on a slight angle to create thinly sliced, stackable pieces.
- Spray the bun very lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place in a skillet prepared with cooking spray and lightly toast at medium heat. Note: This only takes a minute or two, but will crisp up your bun nicely without overly toasting it.
- Build your bruschetta by adding the chicken slices, then topping with the beautiful tomato mixture. Drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze and add freshly cracked black pepper if desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.