Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
In January, Jenny Craig released over TWENTY new menu items and it’s been a lot of fun trying each and every one of them. I’ve had some stand out favorites in the bunch – – Stuffed Green Bell Pepper, Three Cheese Tortellini with Chicken, and the BBQ Pulled Pork.
The Thai-Style Curry with Cauliflower Rice has also become an easy favorite. To me, it’s so reminiscent of takeout – – but healthier and made with cauliflower rice. When I’m looking to bump up the flavors in this dish, often times I’ll head to the salad bar to pick up a few colorful items to add to the dish.
#ProTip: Your grocery store salad bar really has everything you need to create a colorful dinner. As a bonus, it’s pre-chopped and you can simply buy the ingredients you’re looking for. I picked thorough the bell peppers to take the red and yellow ones to make it extra pretty today and to create this rainbow dish. The veggies I picked up from the salad bar cost me $1.00 – – Broccoli, peppers, scallions, and red onion!
This dish doubled in size with just a few veggie add-ins. I also added some hot sauce to the dish because I love it spicy. This citrus ginger sauce from Dave’s Gourmet is a fave, and a perfect compliment to this dish.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Thai Curry Rainbow Veggie Bowl with Chicken | No Thanks to Cake
- 2 cups tri-color cole slaw mix
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. red onion sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped, for garnish
- sliced jalapeno pepper for garnish
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray, and add your garlic, broccoli, cabbage mix, peppers, and onions. Saute for 4-7 minutes, stirring frequently and until vegetables become tender and vibrant in color. Note: You can add whichever veggies you might have on hand.
- Meanwhile, cook your Jenny Craig meal in the microwave, per packaging instructions.
- Add your Thai Curry mixture to to the skillet, stirring to combine.
- Move to a shallow bowl to serve, topping with scallions, cilantro, and jalapenos. Add hot sauce, if desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.