Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
During the tougher moments in life, I get more tempted than usual to step out of my normal eating patterns. My appetite peaks (whether real hunger or emotional hunger). My choices get a little sloppy. Finding foods that satisfy this “hunger” becomes more trying than ever.
When this happens, I struggle a bit. I eat things I shouldn’t, and with every meal I make an attempt to “get back on track.” Often times, this means choosing meals that seem more decadent than they really are and getting a little creative in the kitchen, which is exactly what I did today…
This recipe is super similar to the Jenny Craig Crunchy Chicken Tostadas I posted a few weeks back. Today, I was craving pizza though. Considering that there are four tortillas to play with, I figured I could turn these tacos into four little mini pizzas and satisfy that craving… and it totally hit the spot!
Cravings don’t go away. You just have to learn how to satisfy them in new ways that help you achieve your goals.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Crunchy Barbecue Chicken Tostadas | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 package Jenny Craig Chicken Street Tacos
- 1-2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce, sugar-free
- 1-2 Tbsp. yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 2 small radishes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- cooking spray
- Remove your chicken tacos from the packaging, and cook in the microwave for 60 seconds in the tray provided.
- Remove the taco filling from the tortillas, and place in a small bowl. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of BBQ sauce until you achieve desired state of sauciness.
- Separate the tortillas so that you have four separate tostadas to work with.
- Top with equal amounts of the chicken taco filling, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Airfryer Instructions: Spritz lightly with cooking spray so that your shells get crispy. Place in your airfryer for 8 minutes at 375 degrees, until caramelized.
- Conventional Oven Instructions: Prepare a baking sheet with a light coating of cooking spray, and place your tostadas on the sheet. Spritz the tops lightly with cooking spray so that your shells get crispy. Bake for 19-21 minutes at 375 until golden brown.
- While your tostadas are crisping up, prepare your garnishes. I used radish, cilantro, and shredded spinach that I had handy in the refrigerator. Feel free to get creative with what you have on hand!
- Once cooking time is complete, remove your tostadas to a plate and dress them garnishes. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.