Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Finding time to write last year was a bit tricky. Now that we’ve flipped the calendar to 2020, I’m hoping to spend more time posting here at No Thanks to Cake. I mean, I’m not saying twice a week or anything crazy like that… but more often for sure!
Right now, I’m on vacation with my family just outside Tampa. It’s a warmish day – – sunny and in the 60s – – and I have to believe that if I had this backdrop (including the soothing water sounds) I’d be writing every day.
Anywho, let’s talk about today’s recipe. I love to get creative with my Jenny Craig dishes. Over the past few months, this colorful dish has become a staple in my house, and it comes together so quickly and with just a few ingredients!
I mean, doesn’t that just look like a Mexican fiesta on a plate?? Special thanks to Natalie AKA @SassyFabFit on Instagram for sharing this fun idea!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Crunchy Chicken Tostadas
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Street Tacos meal
- 1/4 cup spinach, raw and shredded
- 3-4 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 2 mini bell peppers, sliced
- cilantro, for garnish
- hot sauce, optional
- cooking spray
- Remove your chicken tacos from the packaging and cook in the microwave for 60 seconds in the tray provided.
- Remove the taco filling from the tortillas, and place in a small bowl.
- Separate the tortillas so that you have four separate tostadas to work with, and top with equal amounts of the chicken taco filling.
- Airfryer Instructions: Spritz lightly with cooking spray so that your shells get crispy. Place in your airfryer for 8 minutes at 375 degrees, until caramelized.
- Conventional Oven Instructions: Prepare a baking sheet with a light coating of cooking spray, and place your tostadas on the sheet. Spritz the tops lightly with cooking spray so that your shells get crispy. Bake for 19-21 minutes at 375 until golden brown.
- While your tostadas are crisping up, chop your toppings.
- Remove your tostadas to a plate and dress them with toppings. Add hot sauce, if desired, and garnish with cilantro.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.