After my return to Jenny this weekend, I had a renewed passion for eating on plan and for coming up with new and delicious recipes using Jenny Cuisine.
Saturday night, I had a craving for spinach and artichoke dip… not really the dip, just that flavor. So, I got busy in the kitchen.
Originally, I was going to make a Spinach and Artichoke quesadilla, but after beginning to prepare the recipe… there was WAY too much veggie mix to go with a quesadilla. In the end, I was SUPER happy with the pizzas.
They were creamy, flavorful, and really took care of my craving. Yet another way to volume the JC Chicken Fajita kit, I hope you’ll try this one, too!
Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Pizzas
1 package Jenny Craig Chicken Fajitas
1/4 medium onion, diced
2 tsp. garlic, minced
3 petite artichoke hearts, diced
1/4 cup chopped spinach, thawed with extra liquid removed
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded & made with 2% milk
crushed red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add the meat and veggie mixture to the a saute pan at medium heat. Saute until cooked through and then remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, defrost your spinach in the microwave. Once thawed, remove the excess liquid by wringing it in a towel over your sink. Note: It took about 2 minutes in the microwave for my spinach to thaw. I’d recommend using fresh spinach if you have it on hand!
4. Spray your saute pan with cooking spray. Add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes until they are cooked.
5. Add diced artichokes and spinach to the pan. Also, add chicken (removing the onions and peppers) to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Discard the peppers and onions.
6. Remove chicken-spinach mixture to a small bowl. Add one wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese and mix until combined.
7. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place tortillas flat on the sheet. Add 1/2 of the veggie-meat-cheese mixture to each tortilla. Optional: Sprinkle with crushed red peppers.
8. Add 2 Tbsp. of mozzarella cheese to each pizza.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Optional: Broil for an additional 1-2 minutes until cheese has browned and tortilla crisps additionally.
10. Slice your pizzas and enjoy!