Tuesday’s forecast called for another round of snow to hit here in Colorado. A prediction of 10-12 inches of snow… IN APRIL??
I was so planning on having a day to myself, and a day to work on laundry in between conference calls and whatnot. Schools got cancelled on Monday night in preparation for the pummeling we were about to take. I got so excited!
When I woke up on Tuesday morning and peeked out the window, I saw the most miserable scene. Maybe TWO inches of snow had fallen in the night. Two inches is not EVEN enough for me to be late for work, let alone work from the couch all day… GRRRRRR!
What a tease, Spring Storm… What a tease!
After a disappointing day spent in the office, I came home to make my second batch of this scrumptious salad. While I’ve always had a hard-and-fast “no fruit in my salad” rule, I officially stand corrected.
This dish is absolutely delicious and the broccoli that is the main ingredient makes it so filling. It also keeps really well (not that mine lasted very long) and was even better the next day! I can’t wait for summer to arrive so that I can take this bad boy to some cookouts!
Broccoli-Cranberry Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 12 oz. bag fresh broccoli florets, about 3 cups
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- 2 tsp. salted sunflower seed kernels, roasted
- Mix mayonnaise and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add broccoli, scallions, cranberries, and sunflower seeds to a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to the veggies, and combine well
- Refrigerate until it's time to eat!