Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Confession: I’ve never had a reuben sandwich until now.
When I was young, my stepdad used to always pick the reuben when we would go to a local restaurant in Ohio. It had corned beef on it (which to me just sounded strange.) Having tasted corned beef for the first time last St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve become more open to the idea of the flavors. I mean, how have I been able to not be enjoying corned beef until this year?!?
Today’s recipe is not for a traditional corned beef reuben, but for a ham and cheese reuben leveraging the Jenny Craig Ham & Swiss Baguette. Similarly, I resisted trying this sandwich for a long time after re-joining Jenny Craig, but it’s ended up being one of my go-to faves these days (especially when it’s dressed up like this!)
I paired this awesome baguette sandwich very simply with sauerkraut and a flavorful dressing. The end result was magical and I hope you love it as much as I do! An air fryer is the quickest way to make this tasty sammie. If you’re looking for one, here’s a link to the one I use.
Note: If you are on the Jenny Craig Rapid Results program, you’ll want to omit the dressing. If you’re on the classic program, count the thousand island dressing as 1 limited free addition.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Toasted Ham & Cheese Reuben | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Ham & Swiss Baguette
- 1/3 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tsp. lite Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2-1 tsp. prepared horseradish (to taste)
- Wrap your baguette in a paper towel for 30 seconds.
- Add sauerkraut to one side of the bun.
- Layer ham and cheese back on the bread.Airfryer Method: Load into your air fryer. Note: If your air fryer tends blow around lightweight items (most do), reassemble the sandwich allowing the bread to anchor the toppings from movement. Cook for 8 minutes at 370 degrees and remove using a spatula. Note how the cheese becomes bubbly and the ham gets a bit broiled and crispy (reminiscent of bacon.)Conventional Oven Method: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place your sandwich on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray. Cook for 13-15 minutes until your cheese bubbles up and the bread becomes toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing and the horseradish until combined well. Spread on the cheese side of the sandwich.
- Reassemble the sandwich. Slice it in half and serve.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.