Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Sugar snap peas are on my weekly grocery list. A fairly new to me vegetable, I just can’t get enough of them. My favorite way to cook them are roasted in the oven or air fryer; however, I saved a few for this spring vegetable-inspired veggie.
This dish is enormous once you add all the veggies, so be sure to find a big bowl. The addition of the lemon juice and lemon zest adds such a bright surprise flavors to the carbonara dish I’ve enjoyed over the years. I hope you love this one as much as I do.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Lemony Spring Vegetable Carbonara | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Classic Chicken Carbonara
- 3 tsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. lemon zest + extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. shredded basil + extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- 15 sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 Tbsp. green onion, sliced
- cooking spray
- Cook the Jenny Craig Classic Carbonara in the microwave, per the package instructions.
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray. Add asparagus, sweet onion, red bell pepper, green onion, garlic, and sugar snap peas. Cook at medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add pasta to the skillet, stirring to combine. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, and basil, cooking for 1 minute before removing from heat.
- Move to a large bowl, and top with extra basil ribbons and lemon zest for garnish.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.