Now that I’m back on the road during the week, all I want to do is eat at home when I can. Not only do I miss my creative outlet when I’m on the go, but I also miss being able to control the amount of oils, fats, and ingredients going into my dishes.
This weekend, I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen, including the time it took me to put together this dish.
While this isn’t the first time I’ve made this version of the Jenny Craig turkey burger, it’s the first time I’ve captured it to share with all of you! While the turkey burger tends to be a staple for many of Jenny Craig members, it’s not one that I eat too often on its own, but I sure to love it dressed up!
This version includes a tasty bruschetta topping, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, fresh spinach, and Laughing Cow Cheese. You’re going to love it!
Note: If you’re not on the Jenny Craig program, try out this version of the Bruschetta Burger.
Bruschetta Turkey Burger
1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 basil leaf, sliced
salt and pepper
1/8 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tsp. balsamic glaze
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
10 spinach leaves, raw
1. Slice your tomato and basil.
2. Place the veggies in a small bowl and add garlic, 1/4 tsp. balsamic glaze, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine, and set aside.
3. Cook your turkey burger per the package instructions. Once done, toast your bun lightly in a toaster.
4. Spread your Laughing Cow Cheese wedge on the toasted bottom of your burger bun.
5. Layer on your spinach leaves.
6. Add your burger on top, and top with bruschetta mixture. Drizzle with remaining balsamic glaze.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.