Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Happy Holidays, my dears!
I hope you are finding moments to enjoy this holiday season. Yes, it’s been a tricky year… but maybe it has taught us something beautiful.
As I celebrate my “merry little Christmas” in the days ahead, I was inspired to create a peppermint cake pop dish to enjoy. Who doesn’t enjoy chocolate + mint afterall?
Also, after just sharing the Minty Morning Whipped Coffee recipe, I’m hopeful you have some mint extract in your cupboard that you can use here.
Note: You will need 2 cake pop sticks for this recipe. Here’s a link to the ones I ordered.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Peppermint Cake Pops | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2-3 drops mint extract, like Watkins
- crushed candy mini candy cane, for garnish
- Prepare Jenny Craig Chocolate Lava Cake according to package instructions.
- Scoop out as much of the melted chocolate as possible, and place it in a small microwave-safe bowl. Place bowl in the refrigerator.
- In separate bowl, crumble the cake and mix in mint extract. Roll into two balls using your hands.
- Insert a cake pop stick into each ball, and place them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake pops have firmed up, remove them from the freezer.
- Place the molten chocolate in the microwave for 5-second increments, stirring until smooth.
- Dip and swirl your cake pops in the chocolate to coat. Coat with some of the crushed candy cane pieces (to your preference), and place in a small vase or styrofoam block to dry.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.