Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
The holidays are growing closer. While I have my tree decorated and more Christmas decorations up than ever before, it just doesn’t feel like the holidays to me.
Yesterday was one of the first days that I started to feel that, and I didn’t feel great. To offset that uncomfortable feeling, I did what made best sense: I blasted Kelly Clarkson’s Wrapped in Red album and whipped up a new holiday coffee concoction.
Needless to say, it felt like Christmas right away… and I can’t wait until you try this one!
We’ve all had Peppermint Mocha coffees, but there’s something wonderful about pairing the peppermint with vanilla to really bring out the flavor. Think peppermint bark… it has peppermint bark vibes!
Note: This recipe calls for mint extract which can be extremely potent. I believe the 1/8 tsp. is perfect for this coffee drink. Try it as a starting point, and feel free to add more or less depending upon preference.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Minty Morning Whipped Coffee | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Vanilla Cream Shake, prepared
- 2 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
- 1¼ tsp. no-sugar sweetener, like Truvia
- 2 Tbsp. boiling water
- ⅛ tsp. mint extract, like Watkins
- ½ cup ice, more if desired
- Combine the instant espresso/coffee, sugar substitute, and boiling water in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients until fluffy and whipped in appearance, about 2-3 minutes. Note: You can also use a whisk to hand-whip this coffee, but be prepared to work those forearms!
- In a tall glass, add your protein shake (leaving about 2" room for your whipped coffee). Add a few cubes of ice to the glass + extract. Stir to combine. Note: If using the Jenny Craig Vanilla cream shake mix, you'll want to prepare the shake before adding it to the glass.
- Top your shake with the coffee. With a straw, gently stir to combine.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.