Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
In my humble opinion, the Jenny Craig New York Sesame Bagel is the most underrated menu item.
Not only is the bagel a great size, but it also tastes amazing! The crunchy, nuttiness of the sesame coating is a treat as well. I only had one in my last order, but I’m definitely hoping to see more of these in the weeks ahead. So so tasty!
When you’re enjoying a bagel, you need toppings. Right now, I’m not that interested in smearing the bagel with cream cheese or Laughing Cow Cheese as I’m trying to keep things super light. While a Laughing Cow Cheese will only cost me 2 Limited Free Exchanges (completely doable), I’m more interested in getting creative with my bagel with veggies and exploring my possibilities which is where this beauty popped in my head.
For those of you new to the Jenny Craig program, there is a full list of veggies that can be added to just about any dish. Referenced on the program as Fresh and Free Additions, you’ll find that I use these like crazy to bulk up my menu, make a simple dish more interesting, and to make sure I’m eating the rainbow every day.
Tomatoes and spinach are a match made in heaven and truly made my bagel SING! To me, it’s strange to be calling this a recipe because it’s so simple, but many have reached out on social media asking me how I created it, so here we go!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Savory Spinach & Tomato Sesame Bagel | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig New York Sesame Bagel
- 6 slices roma tomato, sliced thin
- 1 cup raw spinach, packed
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. onion, minced
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- Defrost your bagel by setting it out on the counter the night before or defrosting in the microwave.
- Add your garlic and onion to a skillet prepared with cooking spray, stirring frequently and avoid burning them (1-2 minutes.) Add your spinach and cook until spinach is completely wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Note: 1 cup of spinach will cook down significantly. Add more spinach if desired.
- Toast your bagel in the toaster on a medium setting until golden brown.
- Top your bagel with the spinach mixture, and the tomatoes. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.