For the past few months, I’ve been working with my friends over at Jenny Craig in a new way. It started with a quick conversation with the centre director Kristin, and before I knew it… I was hosting my very first Jenny Craig mini session!
Right before the holidays, they invited me to host a “healthy through the holidays” session where I shared my tips and tricks… and I even brought healthy appetizers to make it a party! Such a fun night!!
Note: That’s my Veggie Appetizer Pizza on the left and my Lightened Up Chex Mix on the right!
Since then, I’ve made a commitment to the centre to continue sharing information that they can in turn share back with their clients who are working tirelessly on the same journey I’m on. That’s where the inspiration for this dish came from.
I have made a few versions of this recipe on the blog now, and this Jenny version is so good! It has just a few simple ingredients added to the mix, and some veggies (of course!) In the end it transforms this simple dish (a Jenny customer favorite!) into a masterpiece.
And… I’ve shared it with my local centre as well. So, if you visit a location in Colorado, you just might get a copy of this flyer! So exciting!
Queso Macaroni and Cheese
1 pkg. Jenny Craig Macaroni and Cheese
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 cup fresh spinach, firmly packed
1 can mild Rotel tomatoes and chiles, drained
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese, Queso Fresco Chipotle flavor
1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder (optional)
1 Tbsp. Panko bread crumbs, plain
1. Cook your Jenny Craig Macaroni and Cheese dinner in the microwave for 3 ½ minutes. Remove green beans and carrots, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a skillet with cooking spray, heat to medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic in a skillet, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add spinach and cook 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
4. Drain tomatoes and chiles, and add to the skillet.
5. Add Laughing Cow Cheese wedge.
6. Add macaroni and cheese dinner and chili powder. Stir to combine.
7. Add mixture to a small oven-safe casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with Panko bread crumbs, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes, before serving. Enjoy!