I mentioned a few weeks ago my obsession with JICAMA. I truly don’t know how I’ve avoided it all this time because I truly LOVE it now!
Tonight, I used jicama to make a transformational Jenny Craig meal. Would you believe that these tacos started the day off as the Jenny Craig Asian Style Chicken? They did.
I got the idea from my friend Laurel, who has been following the Whole 30 diet. When I visited her in Chicago a few weeks back, we talked about jicama tacos… and I just had to try them! The taco shells are 100% jicama, and when you slice them thin enough, they’re VERY reminiscent of soft tortillas. If you slice then a little thicker, you’ll have a crunch like hard-shell tacos – yum!! You’ll need a mandolin (or some beyond impressive knife skills) to make this magic happen. Either way, enjoy!
Asian Jicama Tacos
1 package Jenny Craig Asian Style Chicken
1 large jicama, about 3-4 inches in diameter
2/3 cup red cabbage, sliced
1/4 yellow bell pepper, chopped
6 sugar snap peas, sliced
1/4 english cucumber, quartered and sliced
2 scallions, sliced
red fresno pepper, minced
1. Prepare your veggies for your tacos. There’s a lot of toppings. You’re going to want to prep them.
2. Cook your Asian Style Chicken in the microwave per the package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice your jicama using a mandolin. You’ll need about 8-10 jicama shells to fill. I hope you’re hungry.
4. Fill your shells with about a spoonful of Asian chicken and then begin to top your taco. Add additional garnish: scallions, hot peppers, and sriracha sauce, if desired.
5. Continue to fill and enjoy tacos until you’re full or run out of Asian chicken.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.