Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
It’s officially farmer’s market season, which is my favorite time of year! First, it’s summer… and who doesn’t love summer?? And, secondly, I’m obsessed with going to our local farmer’s markets.
We have a farmer’s market in my town that’s pretty amazing, with so many different vendors. You can find anything from fresh vegetables to gorgeous Colorado flowers to freshly baked bread. There’s something I love about knowing that my purchases are helping to support someone’s dream. Shopping locally just feels like that!
At my market, there’s a really special table that I always stop by. They have an option where you can fill an entire bag (think the size of a grocery sack of potatoes) with vegetables for just $15. Needless to say, I love to fill it to the brim with all the offerings!
Today’s salad is actually inspired by a recent run to the farmer’s market and from all the beautiful freshly grown pretties I picked up!
Knowing that we all eat with our eyes and our mouths, there’s something special about creating a beautiful chopped salad for lunch and dinner. When you line up the veggies in straight lines, it also adds to the beauty of it all. This recipe uses the Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich, and while I’ve transformed the bun into croutons, you could always serve it on the side as garlic bread, if you’d like.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Farmer's Market Chicken Chopped Salad | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Sandwich
- 3 cups salad greens I used butter lettuce
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped into mini-matchsticks
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 packet Jenny Craig Salad Dressing
- Cook your chicken sandwich per packaging instructions.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly, and dice chicken into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place bun in the toaster to crisp, chopping into croutons afterwards. Set aside.
- Add your salad greens to a large bowl. Toss with Jenny Craig salad dressing.
- Arrange your vegetables and chicken on the top of the salad in rows (as pictured.) Note: You can use other veggies you find at the farmer's market. The options are endless!
- Top salad with croutons, and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.