Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
In a strange turn of events, I’ve realized that the last three of four recipes I’ve made have used the same color Fiestaware. Maybe it’s a salute to the month of March, but SHAMROCK plates are apparently all I’ve been using for the past few weeks.
I have a pretty large collection of Fiestaware, and I’m usually pretty mindful about color selection. I rotate them from time to time to bring new colors forward. Apparently, I’ve been too busy to do that lately… because everything seems to be showing up GREEN!
If I’m honest, I cook with a lot of green vegetables so I do tend to gravitate to green naturally.
This dish despite that same green bowl showing up is unique in itself. It adds bright orange carrots and fresh herbs to the Jenny Craig Risotto with Turkey, Mushrooms, and Peas. The secret is in the fresh sage. Don’t leave that out. You’ll thank me later.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Roasted Carrot Risotto | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Risotto with Turkey, Mushrooms, and Peas.
- 1 heaping cup chopped carrots
- 5-6 leaves fresh sage
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place your carrots and sage leaves on a baking sheet, prepared with cooking spray. Spray the tops of the carrots lightly with cooking spray and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, turning them halfway through. The carrots should be fork-tender when you remove them from the oven, the sage will be crispy.
- Cook your risotto per the packaging instructions. Remove to a small bowl and crumble the sage leaves on top (saving one for garnish if desired.) Add carrots and stir to combine.
- Plate and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.