I follow a lot of people I admire on Twitter. I follow some of my favorite Healthy Living bloggers and some of YOU who read and support NTTC (xoxo!!!) I follow all my Cosmo Radio personalities, and I follow a lot of the Biggest Loser contestants from the past.
I’ve blogged a few times about my adoration for Hannah Curlee and Olivia Ward from season 11 of Biggest Loser. LOOOOOOVE those ladies. They’re so fabulous and inspire so many. How could you not just adore them??
Also from the same season, I follow Courtney Crozier. She has such a gorgeous spirit. She’s beautiful- – inside and out! I love her energy and her positivity. Like Hannah and Olivia, Courtney gives the weight loss community a source of inspiration and shows that hard work WILL pay off.
Last week, Courtney tweeted the following:
@BL11Courtney: Turkey burger filled w/ spinach, laughing cow & turkey bacon & SKINNY loaded baked “potato” soup for din was a success! Less than 350 cals!
Wow… stuffing a turkey burger with Laughing Cow cheese?? I had never thought of this. And from there, the wheels started turning…
Prosciutto-Sun Dried Tomato-Spinach Stuffed Turkey Burgers with Laughing Cow Cheese
1/4 lb Jennie-O 93/7 Ground Turkey
1 Tbsp. Sun Dried Tomatoes, sliced
1 slice proscuitto, cooked and chopped
5 spinach leaves, chopped chiffonade-style
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese, Garlic and Herb flavor
1 Wonder Wheat 80-Calorie Hamburger Bun
thinly sliced tomatoes
5 spinach leaves
1. Cook your slice of prosciutto in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Remove once crisp and chop. Add onion and garlic to the pan and saute until onions are browned and cooked through.
2. Chop all of your stuffing ingredients: sun-dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, spinach, and prosciutto.
3. Place ground turkey in a small bowl. Add a few of the onions/garlic and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, as desired.
4. Slice the Laughing Cow cheese horizontally. You’ll use 1/2 of the cheese in the center of the burger. The other 1/2 of the cheese will be spread on your bun.
5. Take 1/2 of the turkey meat and form it into a burger. Begin to add the toppings, starting with the cheese and the tomatoes.
6. Then, add the proscuitto bits. Note: Turkey bacon would work just fine as well.
7. Add the spinach.
8. Take the remaining turkey meat and cover the top of the burger. Seal the edges with the turkey so that the spinach and cheese can’t escape.
9. Prepare a grill pan or frying pan with cooking spray. Cook the burger until it’s browned and done. Because it’s a thicker burger, I cooked it a little bit longer to make sure that it was done through (about 8 minutes, but watch yours!)
10. Toast the bun lightly, and spread it with remaining Laughing Cow cheese. Top with spinach and thinly sliced tomatoes.
11. Top your bun with your yummy burger. And, prepare to be WOW’ed.
Because this burger was SO pretty and delicious, I thought you could use a few more pictures of what you’ll be making when you make your own.
It’ll look like this when you slice into it.
And, you get to eat the other half too!!!
Per Serving (1 Burger + Bun):
CAL: 320, FAT: 14g; CARB: 21g; PROT: 31g
[…] on your favorite Fiesta dinnerware. Pair it with a tasty protein that you enjoy. I made a stuffed turkey burger to enjoy with my beans. Delish! Note: I should really make the stuffed turkey burger more […]