There is something about the new Jenny Craig menu.
The new foods have been SO DELICIOUS and SO SATISFYING! They’ve also given me an opportunity to try some new creative recipes, including this one that I’m sharing today!
I must say, the new quesadilla is REALLY good on its own. It’s cheesy and spicy.. and tastes like a major indulgence. For some reason, when I eat it… I’m missing the veggies, so I decided to load it up! Adding not only onions and peppers, but also a little spinach just to bulk it up!
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
1 package Jenny Craig Baja Style Quesadilla
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 onion, sliced
1/4 cup fresh spinach, sliced
1/8 tsp. Penzey’s Fajita Seasoning
1. Cook quesadilla on a plate for 45 seconds.
2. In a saute pan, cook your onion and pepper for about 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add 1/8 tsp. fajita seasoning and mix well.
4. Add spinach and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts. Note: I made a little extra veggies for two quesadillas. If you follow the ratios above, it should be perfect for one quesadilla.
5. Move the veggies to a small bowl. Open the quesadilla, and remove the chicken and cheese mixture. Using a small spatula, mix the cheese mixture with the veggies and combine well.
6. Place the mixture back in the tortilla.
7. Heat your skillet to medium high heat and spray it again with cooking spray. Return the quesadilla to the skillet, and good for about a minute on each side until browned and the insides cook well.
8. Serve with your favorite salsa. Note: I used Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatillo and Yellow Chile Salsa.