I usually try to participate in FMM late on Sunday night or first thing on Monday morning, but this Monday, I’ve been slacking on my blogging duties! I have, however, been up since 5:30am playing airport shuttle. For this reason and after an exhausting day…. I’m just happy that I had a chance to do it at all!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Online Dating
- Have you ever tried online dating? Yep.
- If you’ve done it, what did you like about it? What did you dislike? I like the idea of expanding my network so quickly and easily. With my travel schedule, it’s been very hard to meet people, and online opens things up quickly! I also like that the system does some work matching you up by preferences and personalities. All good things. As for things I don’t care for… I don’t like that just because you’re considered a match, that doesn’t mean you’re a match.
- If you haven’t done it, would you? If you have done it, would you do it again? Why or why not? Since I currently subscribe, I definitely would do it again. Honestly, I need to make more time to sift through my matches. I have 114 right now that I haven’t looked at. Seriously. Prioritize, I must!
- What precautions would you take before going out with someone that you met online? I would try to get to know them as much as possible online/over the phone. I also suggest meeting in a very public place (notifying your friends to where you are) and also setting the first meetup as a coffee or “just a drink” date. If it goes well, you can extend from there.
- Do you have a favorite dating site? If so, what is it? No. I’ve only tried one, so I don’t have a good point of comparison.
- What questions would you ask before agreeing to a date? eHarmony is pretty prescribed. You follow their step by step questions. I would just stick to that… and a few email beforehand.
- How long would you correspond with someone online before meeting them? Totally depends. In my last situation, I didn’t wait too long and it didn’t work out. Honestly, I’m glad I didn’t waste a lot of time.
- In your opinion, what are the pros to meeting someone online? Easy access to men who want to meet someone and are actively looking for love.
- In your opinion, what are the cons of online dating? In Colorado, you have to sift through the boys that are trying to impress you with their outdoorsy-ness. Do you really ski that much or are you just trying to look cool?
- Share a funny or embarrassing online dating experience with us if you have one. I don’t have one to share… although, I think it’s normal to think you might somehow get matched up with someone you know. That would be so weird.