Once the pork is cooked, there’s so many options for how to eat it. You can eat it on a salad, in a potato, as tacos, as a quesadilla. All delicious ideas. I added a little extra spices to my version of this recipe, because I like things spicy but making it per the recipe is delicious as well.
Crockpot Beer-Braised Pork Soft Tacos | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin, trimmed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 12-oz. light beer
- 1½ cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- cooking spray
- Rub pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add pork cook 8 min turning to brown all sides.
- Coat slow cooker with spray (Don’t skip this step! It makes cleaning so much easier!) Combine beer and next 4 ingredients.
- Add pork, cover and cook low 8 hours.
- Shred pork. Stir into juices.
- Divide evenly among 8 tortillas and garnish with your favorite toppings. Ideas: avocado, light sour cream, fresh salsa, fresh cilantro, reduced fat cheddar cheese, lettuce