It’s just about time for the Super Bowl, y’all! While I’m not a huge football fan, I do love it when my city rallies around their team. It gets pretty exciting! Everything from the airport signs being painted orange and blue to the botanic gardens lighting their outdoor scenes with Broncos-colored lights… Denver REALLY loves their Broncos!
With yesterday’s Broncos win (especially against the Pats – sorry, Beth!), I’m looking forward to the Super Bowl this year… and hoping that it’s a much better party than our experience two years ago! And, I think I found the appetizer I want to bring to the party!
When my friends over at Laughing Cow Cheese invited me to join them to “Reinvent Snacking” in 2016, I decided to use their tasty cheese to make this yummy pepper nachos dish. Not only are the chips replaced with mini bell peppers, but those bell peppers are stuffed with Laughing Cow Cheese and topped with pulled pork and all the nacho toppings.
I ate these for lunch while watching Peyton and team clobber the Patriots… and I look forward to enjoying them again during the big game in a few weeks! Try these, you won’t be disappointed!
Laughing Cow Cheese Stuffed Pulled Salsa Verde Pork Pepper Nachos
4 mini bell peppers, sliced in half horizontally and seeded
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Light Spicy Pepperjack flavor
1/4 cup pulled pork, slow cooked in salsa verde
1 roma tomato, diced and seeded
1/4 cup spinach leaves, cut into chiffonade
1/2 Tbsp. red onion, minced
1/2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
1 Tbsp. black olives, sliced
Optional: Salsa, Hot Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice your peppers and prepare them to be filled with cheese. Note: I left the stems on to make them look pretty, but next time I will cut them off to make them easier to eat.
3. Fill each pepper with Laughing Cow Cheese.
4. Top with pork, and move to a cooking sheet prepared with cooking spray. Note: I cooked pork tenderloin in a crockpot with a jar of salsa verde to make the pulled pork. So tasty and so easy to make!
5. Bake for 10 minutes, until all of the components are warmed and the peppers begin to get tender.
6. Top with all your favorite nacho toppings: diced tomatoes, spinach, cilantro, olives, onions, and anything else you love on your nachos.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Per Entire Recipe Serving:
CAL 254; FAT 12g; SAT FAT 4g; CARBS 15g; PROT 20g; FIB 4g; SUG 9g
WW Points+: 6; WW Smart Points: 8
Disclosure: The Laughing Cow provided me with product and compensation for this review; however, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.