Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve been sitting on this recipe idea FOREVER.
Every once in a while I come across a new Jenny Craig member or consultant that wants to brainstorm ideas with me. Some of the best ideas come from these conversations, so keep the ideas coming, y’all!
With that, this cajun dish was inspired by a conversation with a Jenny Craig consultant named Candace who reached out to me on email. Candace – You’ll have to try this recipe and let me know what you think!
The Jenny Craig Chicken Sausage with Bell Peppers is the base of this recipe. To transform the dish into this cajun classic, I added cauliflower rice, onion, bell pepper and a ton of spices. I’ll also share that I cut each of the sausage chunks into two or three slices so that you can enjoy more bites of sausage along the way.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Cajun Dirty Cauliflower Rice with Chicken Sausage | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Sausage with Bell Peppers
- 1 ½ cup fresh cauliflower rice
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- ½ bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced (for garnish)
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- Cook Chicken Sausage and Bell Peppers per package instructions, and set aside to cool. Slice each piece of sausage into 2-3 slices, creating thinner slices.
- In a skillet prepared with cooking spray, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute until vegetables begin to lightly char (3-4 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Lightly salt and pepper, and cook rice until it's tender but not mushy - - for me, this was about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the Chicken Sausage and Bell Peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Season with the cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper (if you like things spicy). Stir in 1/2 of the scallions.
- Move to a shallow bowl, and top with remaining scallions. Serve, and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.