Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I have never been a huge fan of veggie pasta. Most recipes look to zucchini as the ultimate zoodle noodle addition, and I am just not a fan of zucchini.
I’ve enjoyed carrot noodles, sweet potato noodles, but I’ve met my new staple veggie noodle and it’s hearts of palm pasta! I’ve always loved hearts of palm in salads, especially when they’re in fancy steakhouse salads. They truly don’t have a lot of flavor, tasting similar to artichoke hearts. As a result, when you eat them in pasta form, they are the closest to regular noodles. They don’t get slimy. They don’t have skin; there’s no weird seeds to deal with. They’re just delicious.
Where do you find these hearts of palm noodles? I spotted the Palmini brand at Spouts, who sells not only a linguine version in a can, but also flat lasagna noodles (which would be so fun to play with!) Palmini has a store locator on their site, that should help you find them near you! I also heard that Trader Joe’s has begun carrying the noodles as well. In both cases, head to the pasta aisle to find them, as they’re shelf-stable and near the dry pasta.
For my first experiment with these noodles, I served them with the Jenny Craig Chicken Margherita. I added garlic, onions, and spinach to round out the meal, and it was absolutely fantastic. Hearts of Palm are considered a “fresh and free addition” on the Jenny Craig program; however, as always please review any additions with your Jenny Craig consultant to assure that you’re staying true to your personal plan and associated goals.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Chicken Margherita with Veggie Linguine | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Chicken Margherita.
- 1 cup hearts of palm pasta
- 1 cup raw spinach leaves
- ⅛ cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 leaves fresh basil, cut into chiffonade ribbons
- Remove your hearts of palm noodles from packaging and place in a colander. Rinse under cool water, and drain well.
- Prepare the Chicken Margherita per packaging instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet prepared with cooking spray, saute onion, garlic, and spinach at medium heat. Lightly salt and pepper. Stir frequently, cooking until the spinach is wilted (about 3-4 minutes.)
- Add your hearts of palm pasta to the skillet, stirring to combine with the vegetables. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the noodles are warmed.
- Add your Chicken Margherita and crushed red pepper (optional) to the skillet, and stir well to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes to combine flavors.
- Remove to a shallow bowl, and top with basil garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.