Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve been trying so hard to make sure I’m not wasting any food right now. While we’re all doing what we need to do (and masking and all the things), going to the grocery store is not exactly a good time right now.
Late last week, I realized I had a green pepper that was on its last leg. A #lastchance pepper, as I’ve been calling soon-to-be-spoiled vegetables on Instagram these days.
GOOD NEWS: I found a way to use it.
This recipe isn’t crazy creative, but there are a few techniques that I’ll share that offer the illusion of this dish being MUCH LARGER than it is. And, most days, I like a big bowl of food… so it’s in that way that it earns its pumped up title. Hint: Slice that sausage, y’all! Enjoy!
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Pumped Up Sausage and Pepper Bowl | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Chicken Sausage and Bell Peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced and seeded
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- splash hot sauce, optional
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add peppers, onions, and garlic and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5-7 minutes) stirring frequently
- Meanwhile, cook your Jenny Craig meal in the microwave per the packaging instructions. Set aside to cool slightly while your vegetables continue to cook.
- Separate the sausage pieces from your meal, and cut them into thinner slices. Note: This step is optional, but the chunks of sausage are thick in this meal. By slicing them into thinner slices will allow you to have a bite of sausage with each bite of veggies. Yum!
- Add your sausage and pepper mixture to the skillet and stir to combine. Allow sausage to brown in the skillet and sauce to mix in with the added vegetables.
- Move to a bowl, and enjoy! Add a splash hot sauce, if desired.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.