Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
While I may be staying inside, it’s still VERY MUCH winter in Colorado (with snow expected later in the week!)
The idea of a warm soup is super comforting right now, and I’m leaning into the pantry options I have on hand as much as possible to avoid a trek to the grocery store. I found this recipe on Jenny Craig’s website a few weeks back, and now seemed the perfect time to try it. It comes together super quickly with just a few ingredients from the cupboard. Enjoy!
If you’d like to watch the video version of this recipe, click below.
Vegan Pantry Tomato Soup | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 28 oz. canned whole tomatoes, peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. smoked oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper + more per directions
- 1 pinch kosher salt more if desired
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- microgreens (for garnish) optional
- Place olive oil to a medium saucepan at medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes until onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add water and tomatoes.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, gently crush the tomatoes.
- Add herbs and seasonings. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly before moving to a blender. Blend until smooth and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.