Whoa… my Jenny Craig friends. I have the BEST volumizing idea for you today. I mentioned earlier this fall that I had been INSPIRED by the Jenny Craig Simple Inspirations Recipe Contest. While I’ve announced the NTTC winner in the contest, I’ve been eating my way through some of the other entries… including this one!!
O-M-G. I LOVED this recipe. It’s comes from the lovely Kate over at Kate’s Quest to Wellness – Follow her, y’all! You might remember Kate from a little adventure I took with Kohl’s this summer. Kate joined us for the Color Run!
A big fan of summer rolls, the idea of combining the Jenny Craig Asian Style Chicken lunch with a bunch of delicious veggies and wrapped up in rice paper is GENIUS! And it seriously feels like you’re cheating. Like you’re dining out at your favorite Asian restaurant. Oh wait, you’re completely on plan!!
Thanks Kate for sharing this amazing recipe. I’ll be making this over and over again!
Asian Chicken Summer Rolls
Adapted from Kate K’s Winning Simple Inspirations Recipe
1 box Jenny Craig Asian Style Chicken meal
6 green beans, roasted or steamed
3 stems baby broccoli, steamed
1/2 cup baby spinach (about 30 leaves)
3 sprigs cilantro
3 rice paper rounds
1. Cook the Asian Style Chicken in the microwave, per package instructions.
2. Set up a station for creating the summer rolls. I used a large cutting board to build my rolls.
3. Using a dinner plate, place a rice paper shell on the plate and then add warm water. Allow to sit 30-60 seconds until the rice paper softens up and “vanishes” into the water. Note: The pattern on the paper won’t be visible when the rice paper is slippery and hydrated.
4. Move your rice paper round to the cutting board and add spinach, about 10 baby spinach leaves.
5. Next add about 1/3 of the chicken mixture and two green beans
6. Next, add the broccolini, cutting off excess stem so it will fit in your roll.
7. Add a sprig of cilantro. I feel like summer rolls NEED fresh cilantro.
8. Roll the rice paper up, burrito-style. Fold the top and the bottom into the center and then roll. The rice paper will stick to itself, securing your wrap. Set aside on a plate.
9. Repeat the process until you have three yummy rolls.
10. Slice, serve and enjoy!
To see other Jenny Craig Volumizing Creations, click on the image below.
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.