I’m eating more and more Jenny Craig foods these days. With the incredible new fall food line and having been inspired so much by the Simple Inspirations recipe contest, I can’t stop making new volumizing recipes. Below is an awesome idea, inspired by a member contest entry.
Did you ever think about turning the quesadilla into a pizza? Me either! Brilliant….
I used to make quite a few pizza dishes using the now retired Chicken Fajita dinner, so I leveraged some ideas that I’ve used in the past. Since the quesadilla already had mexican flavors, chicken and cheese, I bulked it up with my favorite fajita veggies. The end result: Amazing.
Baja Chicken Fajita Quesadilla Pizza
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 green pepper, sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 tsp. minced garlic
For the Pico de Gallo
1 Tbsp. jalapeno, minced
1 Tbsp. red onion, minced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pico de gallo ingredients in a small bowl and place in the refrigerator.
3. Slice your peppers and remaining onion.
4. Saute sliced veggies and garlic in a skillet, prepared with cooking spray. Cook until veggies soften and char slightly, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
5. Microwave quesadilla for 45 seconds on a small plate. Open quesadilla and scrape contents into a small bowl. Place remaining tortilla on a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Add the cooked peppers and onions to the cheesy chicken mixture and stir to combine.
7. Top tortilla with sautéed veggie-cheesy chicken mixture.
8. Bake for 5 minutes until cheese melts. Then broil for 60 seconds until veggies char slightly.
9. Serve with pico de gallo and enjoy!