Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
I’ve been trying to think of something creative to do with the Jenny Craig Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce and Vegetables for a long time. Truth: I’m not a fan of zucchini (unless it’s in zucchini bread!) or black beans, so I usually eat this meal with a ton of vegetables (and discard the side dish.)
So, I came up with this idea inspired by taking inventory of my pantry when I spotted a few rice paper wraps in the back begging to be used!
Protip: While you can mix in whatever fresh veggies you have on hand, I highly recommend using the cilantro and some sort of greens, but other than that… use what you have and get creative!
Note: This recipe includes 3 rice paper wrappers. Please check with your Jenny Craig consultant before adding any additional items to your menu and to receive information on how to account for them.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: BBQ Pork Summer Rolls | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 pkg. Jenny Craig Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce and Vegetables
- 3 rice paper rounds
Fresh Vegetable Options
- red bell pepper, sliced
- cucumber, thinly sliced
- mixed greens
- red cabbage, shredded
- red onion, thinly sliced
- carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Cook your Jenny Craig meal in the microwave per packaging instructions.
- Fill a shallow plate or pie pan with hot water. Add your rice paper rounds (one at a time) to the pan for 30-60 seconds until the rice paper becomes transparent and malleable. Move to a cutting board and lay flat.
- Top the rice paper wrap with a few leaves of mixed greens, some cabbage, cucumber, and any other veggies you have on hand (options listed above.) Add pork. Note: I did not use the entree vegetables, instead serving that as a side dish.
- Roll the wrap like a burrito, folding in two sides, and then rolling the wrap until closed. The rice paper will be sticky and will close itself once rolled.
- Repeat steps 2-4 again with the remaining ingredients. You should have enough ingredients for about 3 rolls.
- Cut the summer rolls in half and serve immediately.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.