There are many things I can give up when I’m on my healthy eating plan, but for the record, pizza is not one of those things.
There are so many ways to enjoy pizza, so many different toppings that can be enjoyed, and so many healthy twists to making the perfect pie.
When I tried the new Jenny Craig BBQ Chicken Wrap, I loved it… and I knew that it had huge potential. Potential to be a tasty flatbread! The tortilla is whole grain and thicker than the average tortilla, which makes it perfect for this dish. Adding your favorite BBQ chicken pizza toppings and a little cheddar cheese… it has become my favorite dish. I legit picked up three BBQ Chicken Wraps this week with this pizza in mind.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
1/3 cup baby spinach, cut chiffonade style
1/3 cup yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
3-4 pepperoncini rings, sliced
1 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
1 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, slice your veggies. I chose to spiralize my bell pepper and red onion. If you spiralize, be sure to chop your veggies a little bit, making sure that it isn’t one big long noodle. This makes it easier to eat.
3. Cook your wrap in the microwave for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Tip: Wrap in a paper towel and stand up in a coffee mug with the open side up so that you don’t lose any toppings.
4. As soon as the microwave buzzes, remove the wrap immediately and unroll your wrap, removing toppings to the coffee mug you used to cook the wrap and placing the flatbread on a baking sheet prepared with cooking spray.
5. Top flatbread with barbecue sauce. I used whatever BBQ sauce I had in the fridge, but I think it would be extra delicious with a sweet, sticky Kansas City BBQ sauce, which I’ll try next time.
6. Load up your flatbread with your veggies: spinach, peppers, onions, and pepperoncinis.
7. Top with chicken mixture and cheddar cheese. Note: The cheese added VERY little, and could easily be left off. The veggies are truly the stars here.
8. Bake for 13 minutes. Remove to a cutting board.
9. Slice the flatbread into two pieces, and then slice each piece diagonally to create pizza slices. Serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.