It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with tomatoes.
I really can’t get enough of them this summer. This week, as I recover from the stupid cold that’s had me sick for ELEVEN days so far… I want tomatoes and lots of them.
I want to taste their juicy, tangy, sweet flavor in as many ways as possible. And, in my heart of hearts, I believe that vitamin A & C packed veggie is going to heal me!
So, the tomato flavor for the week is this stuffed roasted tomato. I’ve never done this before, but it is so so delicious. I lightened up the dish a little more by adding Laughing Cow cheese instead of the goat cheese the original recipe called for. Summery, amazing, and the perfect side for a nice steak. Speaking of steak, stop by next week for a tasty steak recipe I enjoyed last week…
Stuffed Roasted Tomatoes
From Weight Watchers
2 firm ripe medium tomatoes
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
2 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil flavor
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut tops off tomatoes; discard tops. Carefully scoop out tomato seeds and pulp, leaving shells intact; discard seeds, and coarsely chop pulp.
3. Combine 1/4 cup chopped tomato pulp, panko and next 5 ingredients in a bowl. Discard remaining tomato pulp.
4. Spoon about 1/2 panko mixture into each tomato shell.
5. Place stuffed tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until gold brown. Season with salt, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Per 1 tomato serving:
CAL 175; FAT 5g; SAT FAT 2g; CARBS 18g; PROT 5g; FIB 3g; SUG 5g
WW Points+: 3; WW Smart Points: 6