I had a great visit with Jenny Craig this weekend. I stopped in to pick up some food, and ended up having an insightful conversation with the new centre director at my location. I love it when that happens.
When it comes down to it, I’m having a hard time saying no to foods that I want these days. If I want them, I just want them. And, keep in mind, I don’t usually go for anything SUPER crazy… but it could be Popchips. If I want Popchips, I’ll have Popchips. If I want a hotdog (which I strangely wanted over the weekend), I’ll have a fat free hotdog.
The challenge is, it doesn’t stop there.
When I talked to Anna on Sunday, I told her I needed some help. I told her that I wanted to meet with her when I got back from vacation and to tackle this extra weight. She was excited for the opportunity to help, and I’m excited to chat with her.
I need start the dialogue again. Otherwise, when it’s silent… it’s like everything’s ok when it’s not. Given, we’re talking about that same 25 lbs I’ve been talking about for a while, but it’s time for them to take a hike. I 100% know that this program works… and I’m about to put it to the test.
Down 60, it’s time to knock out that last 25.
I walked out of the Jenny location with foods in hand, and hungry for lunch. I decided to pick up multiple chicken quesadillas. Now that I’ve figured out how to enjoy this meal as pizza, as a street taco, and quesadillas. I can’t get enough of them right now.
Today, I decided to amp up the flavor of the quesadilla with sauteed spinach and artichokes. So so good!
Spinach and Artichoke Baja Chicken Quesadilla
1 package Jenny Craig Baja-Style Chicken Quesadilla
1/2 cup raw spinach
1 1/2 Tbsp. minced red onion
2 Tbsp. chopped artichokes
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1/2 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic & Herb flavor
Smoky Tomato Salsa, optional
1. Cook your quesadilla in the microwave for 45 seconds on a microwave safe plate.
2. In a skillet prepared with cooking spray and brought to medium heat, add your onion and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add your raw spinach, and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes stirring often. Add artichokes as well and cook for another 30 seconds. Note: I only had marinated artichokes on hand (ugh!) so I rinsed the oil from them before adding them to the mixture. I recommend canned or frozen, not in oil.
3. Remove your quesadilla from the microwave. Open the tortilla and remove the stuffing to a medium bowl. Add your sautéed spinach mixture and 1/2 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese. Stir to combine.
4. Add your mixture back into the tortilla. Fold again, quesadilla-style.
5. Add your quesadilla to the skillet to melt the cheese. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, keeping close eye not to allow it to burn.
6. Remove to a cutting board, and allow to sit for a few minutes to cool. Cut using a pizza cutter into tiny triangles. Serve with Smoky Tomato Salsa, if desired.
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.