I tend to be a little cautious when I try a new recipe. I don’t love trying a new recipe only to find that I have leftovers for days. I’ll usually half the recipe the first go ’round… and it’s so bittersweet when I realize that the recipe is one I could eat for DAYS on end, and never get sick of it.
That’s exactly how I felt about this recipe.
I have a funny feeling you may have seen this recipe on Pinterest or Instagram. It seems like all of the big food bloggers have posted their version… and I decided to stop drooling over it and start making it! It was How Sweet It Is that put me over the edge, and then I found Skinnytaste’s modified version and knew that I needed to make it immediately.
The original recipe comes from a cookbook called Pure Delicious by Heather Christo. And, it is LITERALLY one of the most flavorful salads I’ve eaten in a long time.
Rosemary Grilled Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon
Adapted from Heather Christo’s Pure Delicious
3 slices center-cut bacon, diced
2 boneless, trimmed skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 cup baby arugula or watercress
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
3 Tbsp. chopped red onion
4 oz. avocado, sliced (1 small)
For the rosemary vinaigrette:
1 tsp. dijon mustard
4 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. fresh minced rosemary
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1. Cook bacon in a large heavy nonstick skillet until crispy, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and set aside. Drain the fat but don’t wipe the skillet, leaving any excess oil in the pan to cook the chicken.
2. Season chicken with salt and rosemary, cook in the skillet over medium-high heat until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Make a bed of the romaine and arugula (or watercress) in a large serving bowl or platter (or divide between 2 plates). Scatter the cherry tomatoes, red onion and bacon on top. Slice the avocado, sprinkle with pinch of salt and arrange on salad.
5. Slice the chicken breasts and add to the salad.
6. To make the rosemary vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk the ingredients. Pour over the salad and serve right away.
Per 1/2 recipe serving:
CAL 381; FAT 25g; SAT FAT 5g; CARBS 12g; PROT 29g; FIB 6g; SUG 1g
WW Points+: 10; WW Smart Points: 10