I keep running into gorgeous asparagus. Those super thick, almost finger-sized asparagus. I found this week’s batch at Costco, which means they came at deep discount… and man, they were delicious.
When I have TWO pounds of anything on hand, it usually means I need to get a little creative. And, here’s what I came up with…
These came out so good. And, were the perfect Sunday afternoon snack for me. Yum, yum, yum!
I imagine you could use the same process for other veggies as well. It’s very similar to my Baked Avocado Fries recipe, for example…
Baked Asparagus Fries
1 lb. asparagus spears, cleaned and trimmed
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a pie pan, add panko, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Crack egg whites into a separate bowl.
2. Dip your asparagus into the egg whites coating completely, and then toss in the panko. Place coated asparagus on the prepared cooking sheet.
3. Bake for 15-19 minutes, turning halfway through until your asparagus is tender and your panko is golden.
4. Serve and enjoy them with someone you love.
5. Optional: Serve with a dipping sauce. Combine 2 Tbsp. light ranch with sriracha (to your tasting).
Per 1/2 recipe serving (sauce not included):
CAL 121; CARB 22g; FAT 1g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 9g; FIB 5g; SUG 4g
WW Points+: 3; WW Smart Points: 3