I’ve made a few of these bubble-up casseroles now…
I’ve shared the Mexican version, the Italian version… and, now, here is the Sloppy Joe version!!
Doesn’t that look awesome?? I always love a good batch of sloppy joes, and it’s even better when the joes are turned into a yummy casserole! Note: The first 10 ingredients alone will make the best sloppy joes you’ve ever had…
Easy Bubble-Up Sloppy Joe Casserole
1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
5 reduced fat Pilsbury Reduced Fat Grands, uncooked and quartered
1/2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute the turkey in a skillet. When cooked through, add to food processor to grind the meat.
3. Add veggies to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the meat back to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, salt, and worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes until flavors combine well. Remove from heat.
5. Cut your uncooked Grands biscuits into sixths. Add to the pan. Toss to combine.
6. Place mixture in a baking pan, prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
9. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then serve.
Per 1/8 recipe serving:
CAL 233; CARB 25g; FAT 8g; SAT FAT 3g; PROT 15g; FIB 2g; SUG 9g
WW Points Plus: 6; WW Smart Points: 8
And… if you can use the leftover Grands from any of these NTTC recipes:
Creamed Spinach Veggie Grands Pizza
Easy Bubble-Up Enchilada Casserole
Easy Bubble-Up Italian Casserole
Lightened Up Biscuits and Gravy
[…] Bubble Up Sloppy Joe Casserole from No Thanks To Cake – 9 […]