I got the idea to try this dish from Heather. She had Instagrammed a few weeks ago that her dear hubby had made a multigrain waffle BLT for her for dinner after a big race. Ever since I saw the picture, it’s been engrained in my brain… and on my list of dishes to make.
On Saturday evening, I did it. I jumped in feet first, and made what I think is officially my favorite sandwich on the planet. Truth be told, I’m not big on sandwiches. Most have lunchmeat on them, which is just nasty. I’ll eat a BLT and I’ll eat a veggie, but there’s not much inbetween that makes my tastebuds dance.
Oh, but they were dancing when they ate this sandwich… and yours will too!
The fluffiness of the waffle pairs PERFECTLY with crunchy bacon, juicy tomatoes, creamy Laughing Cow Cheese, and crisp greens. While I paired my BLT with Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow Cheese, you could also use any of the other flavors of the cheese if you prefer.
BLT Waffle Sliders with Laughing Cow Cheese
1 cup Lowfat Bisquick Mix
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup milk, more as needed
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
9 slices precooked bacon
3 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese – Garlic and Herb flavor
salt and pepper
1. Combine Bisquick, egg, oil, and milk with a whisk. Note: The batter will be thick, but add more milk if you have trouble stirring the ingredients together. I added about 1-2 Tbsp. more.
2. Cook your waffles in your waffle irons, per instructions. The batter should make 3 small waffles.
3. Slice your tomatoes and cook the bacon per package instructions.
4. Take one of your waffles and break it into 4 parts, smear each quarter with your wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese while still warm.
5. Next, build your sandwich: Greens, then tomatoes (adding salt and pepper), and 3 slices of bacon.
6. Plate up your sliders, and prepare to be WOW’ed!
Per 1/3 recipe serving:
CAL 322; CARB 28g; FAT 17g; SAT FAT 4g; PROT 12g; FIB 1g; SUG: 4g; WW Points Plus: 8; WW SP: 10
Note: The Laughing Cow® provided me with product for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.
[…] my BLT Waffle Slider recipe from last week, I’ve had a weird fascination with all the other things I can make with […]