Let’s get a little scientific on this Wednesday morning. My workouts have been majorly consistent lately… and very heavily focused on treadmill time. That being said, I thought I’d use today’s post to finally share out the results of my recent Blogtastic Blogiversary Survey!
First and foremost, I have to say THANK YOU to so many of you who took the time to complete this survey. I asked several questions… and several of them were ESSAY questions!
I got a LOT of valuable feedback from the survey, and you guys helped me to answer questions I’d been pondering about the direction I’d been taking the little blog that could.
I promised a few weeks back that I’d share out my results… so, on the eve of my DEAR friend Donna’s birthday, it only seemed perfect to review the results of my very first NTTC survey! Click here to learn more about her company and why I’m dedicating today’s post to her!
Ok… without further ado… here’s what you told me:
Sometimes, I think that I write too much about cooking…. so, I was really excited that so many of you said that you like reading about my healthified recipes! And, of course… my crazy life! I wasn’t too surprised to hear that no one said their favorite posts were about crafts and hobbies, especially considering I’ve only done about a handful of posts about this topic.
Responses to this question were VERY telling. Here you’re telling me what you want to hear more about…. and I’m hearing loud and clear that I’m on track with my writing, except for you MIGHT want to hear a little bit more about recipes and product reviews.
Interestingly enough, several of you said that you would like to hear more about the products that I actually don’t like. I don’t really like to bash any brands, so I usually avoid sharing the things that I don’t like, but let me assure you… I’ve bought some doozies. I’ll figure out a way to politely tell you when I choose things that I don’t care for… 🙂
I’d Love to Read More About This Specific Topic:
Responses to this question varied greatly… so I thought I’d give you a sneak peek at some of them. Many of these were duplicated by multiple people… so, expect some more about these topics!
- I like when you share about how you’re staying motivated or how you work around the wobbles (Wendy’s Drive Through vs Fiber One Bar).
- How you handle any new male attention since losing all the weight
- I love the recipes you share…I wish I was as good of a cook as you!
- Your favorite workout
- More of your exercise routine are you running any races soon
- What you do to combat your cravings and how you distract yourself from mindless eating…
- I love the recipes and how you manipulate the Jenny Meals
- More about eating out and all of your eating out while you travel. I travel a lot for my dog shows and get so sick of Subway
- Tips for maintaining a solid wardrobe while you’re losing weight
- Getting a sense of what you eat on a daily basis to continue losing, or maintaining your loss
- A day in the life of Kelly or 101 facts or a question & answer session
- Working out alone or with a friend
Not surprisingly, 87% of you who read my blog are actively working to lose weight! Only one of you advised that you were thinking about trying to lose weight, while the remaining 11% of you just like reading my stories. 🙂
Please use this space to share any other feedback you might have, including general feedback and topic-related suggestions.
This is the part where the survey got CRAZY! Wow, such nice, NICE comments… I really didn’t expect all this, folks. Here are a few of your overwhelmingly kind responses I received for this question:
- I really love that you include pictures with your recipes. Your openness about your journey on staying healthy and keeping the calories off is an inspiration. Thank you!
- I love your blog. I read it almost every day! Thank you so much for sharing and being brave enough to share some of your intimate thoughts. It’s so nice to know that I’m not alone in going through my weight loss struggles.
- I love hearing everything you write about, Kelly! You are such an inspiration to everyone around you and your attitude is amazing! You are one of the people I strive to be like every day. Keep up your amazing journey.
- I LOVE your recipes. Especially the JC volumizing ones. You have been such an inspiration to me while on Jenny Craig. PS I also love your photos of the Denver area – it’s been a place on my list to get to and I haven’t yet – but I will. Until then keep your pretty pictures posted!
- I love to read all you post. Though I don’t always comment, I read every day. I get your daily emails. Keep up the great work with the blog and you weight loss journey! I originally found you via the JC members board.
- You are really inspirational. I have always peeked at your recipes and Jenny blogs, but I am now just going through and reading your blog from the beginning. It makes me feel like I can do it. I want it to happen so fast, but you show me that it has been a long process, and it has changed your life. Thanks!
- I really like how you have tied your Twitter to your blog so I stopped getting email updates because I get them via twitter! Great idea and it cuts the traffic down on my email.
- You are so relatable, you make me want to move to Denver just so I can be your friend! The fact you can write in a way that makes your reading feel that, is your blog’s biggest gift to its readers.
- Your blog has really inspired me , it’s so nice to know someone else that is going through this weight loss journey. Since you have lost a ton of weight already, it’s even more inspiring to know that it CAN be done!
- Great blog and even better success story! You’ve done an amazing job with your weight loss! 🙂 I just re-started Jenny a couple of weeks ago and love your ideas on how to volumize and make the food more interesting
Expect more of what you love and more of what you’ve been reading from No Thanks to Cake. I’m going to try to offer a post for all of the ideas you guys have shared… and I am particularly excited to get a Q&A session together (which was one of the suggestions above!) I need to figure out logistics on that one… but I’m thinking vlog!
THANK YOU for being a part of this fantastic journey and helping me to stay on track for the past two years! xoxo
Are there any other suggestions of what you’d like to hear about on my blog? If you didn’t get a chance to complete the survey, I’m always accepting feedback.