I’ve found a LOT of new breakfast recipes lately. Since I’m not a huge fan of eggs, breakfast recipes for me usually fall into the following categories: waffles, pancakes, muffins, doughnuts, french toast…
I’ve asked for a waffle maker for Christmas (and I’ve been very, VERY good this year!), but I’ll have to wait to see if I get that… until then, I’m cooking other griddle recipes.
This morning, I decided to do something new with French Toast. Ever since I had that yummy French Toast in Vegas a few weeks ago… I’ve been craving it.
This french toast recipe was one of those that I kind of made up as I went. I pulled out the ingredients I knew I would need for the toast, and then just improvised from there. Oh, how I love the improvisation that took place… and you will too.
In my family, we put peanut butter on our French toast (and just about everything else.) Inspired, I decided to mix it up and put PB inside of my french toast, and to mix it in my syrup. Don’t worry, I used our friendly PB2… which made it lighter without sacrificing any of the flavor!
Peanut Butter French Toast
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp. skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. PB2
2 Tbsp. water
sprinkle of cinnamon
4 slices Sprouted Grain Bread
1/2 cup sugar-free syrup
2 Tbsp. PB2
1. Add two egg whites, skim milk, and vanilla to a shallow bowl. Note: I used a small pie pan.
2. Add a dash of cinnamon.
3. In another small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. PB2 and 2 Tbsp. water. Mix well, and then add to french toast batter.
4. Spray a pan with cooking spray and pre-heat it to medium to medium-high heat. While the pan warms, coat bread slices with the batter.
5. Add coated bread to the pan. Allowing each side to brown before turning.
6. Remove from heat. Mix syrup and PB2 in a small bowl, and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm.
7. Pour over french toast… and great ready to be dazzled! Note: I only added the powdered sugar to make the picture look prettier…
Per 2 slice serving:
CAL 245; CARB 36g; FAT 3g; SAT FAT 0g; PROT 17g; FIB 8g; SUG 4g
WW Points+: 6; WW Smart Points: 6