A few weeks ago, TWO cases of chips arrived at my front door. Oh, the delicious horror of it all…
Being a HUGE fan of their products and a self-proclaimed chipaholic, I was nervously excited to see this package of single-serving sized Popchips, but afraid that I would sit down and have a complete chip fest. Proudly, they’ve lasted several weeks now… and I still have some left! That’s what I call a NSV (Non-Scale Victory!)
Inside of that glorious box of chips, they sent me all four flavors of their brand-new tortilla chips. I had a chance to preview these at Fitbloggin this year and instantly became a fan. They taste like those chips that rhyme with Schmoritos, only packed with so much crunch, so much flavor, and so many less calories!
Popchips challenged me to use their chips in a few recipes, and that is exactly what I’ve done. Over the next few weeks, you’ll see what I came up with… and you’ll have a chance to win that second case that the company sent to me!
The first recipe I used the Popchips with was a no-brainer. It’s one of my all-time favorite soups. You’ll notice on NTTC that I like hearty chili-like soups… and that’s exactly what this one is…
I picked it up in a Weight Watchers meeting back in Franklin, TN about 10 years ago and I’ve been making it consistently ever since. When the weather gets cooler outside, I start to crave it and pull the ingredients together. This recipe contains items that you really should have on hand, and most of the items you can find in your cupboard. You simply dump all the ingredients in the pot and simmer… in the end you end up with an amazing mexi-treat.
From Weight Watchers
1/2 lb. ground turkey
1/2 – 3/4 lg. onions, diced
1/2 green or red pepper, diced
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
5 Kraft 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices
20 Ranch Tortilla Popchips
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
1. Brown ground turkey, and drain excess grease. Place turkey in a food processor and pulse. Set meat aside.
Note: This is a trick I’ve learned from my sister-in-law Beth, who likes her ground meat to be finely ground when put into recipes. I think it is really good this way. Try it!
2. Place the onions and peppers in a deep skillet/non-stick pot sprayed with Pam. Cook until tender.
3. Re-add the ground turkey to the skillet.
4. Add tomatoes and rotel to the pot.
5. Add taco seasoning and ranch mix, as well as optional corn and beans, if desired. Note: I am not a bean fan, so I never add beans, and I left the corn out this round.
6. Cook for 10 mins on the stove until done and serve in your favorite bowl. Top with one slice of Kraft 2% Cheddar, and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds (more or less) to melt.
7. Choose your favorite Popchip to top this delicious soup. Note: I used 4 Popchips per bowl.
Stir and Enjoy!
Per 1/5 Recipe Serving (with chips and cheese):
CAL 205; CARBS 13g; FAT 11g; SAT FAT 4g; PROT 14g; FIB 3g; SUG 5g
WW Points+: 5; WW Smart Points: 7
Kraft Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese…
[…] ite bowl. Top with one slice of Kraft 2% Cheddar, and pop it in the microwave […]…