I mentioned it on Facebook last week… and seriously, I didn’t even see it coming.
I’ve fallen in love with Cauliflower!!!
As the self-proclaimed “pickiest human”, I’ve always enjoyed cauliflower, but really only ate it raw. If you cooked it, steamed it, or baked it… I wasn’t touching it.
Three years ago, I tried it cooked with Turmeric and Tomatoes at Fitbloggin 2012. I liked it… but remained suspicious. BUT, over the past two weeks, I’ve eaten it roasted (INCREDIBLE) and now in tot form.. and I’m completely hooked.
These tots have put me over the edge. The texture is JUST like potatoes, the minced onion adds a zippy crunch, and overall, I felt like I was eating something so much more indulgent than it was – – LOVE!!! And, there’s something about these flat rounds that remind of those little breakfast potatoes at Chick-FilA.
These just officially landed in the rotation… Let me know what you think!
Baked Cauliflower Tots
Inspired by Skinnytaste
1/2 cup cauliflower florets (steamed or roasted), finely chopped
1 large egg white
1/8 cup onion, minced
1 1/2 tsp. minced dried parsley flakes
1/8 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/8 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop your cauliflower. Note: I used leftover whole roasted cauliflower.
3. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, and combine until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Scoop out 1 Tbsp. of the mixture and place into a mini muffin pan, prepared with cooking spray. Press the mixture down into each cup.
5. Bake for 16-18 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Remove to a plate, and serve with ketchup, if desired.
Per Entire Recipe Serving:
CAL 125; CARB 13g; FAT 4g; SAT FAT 2g; PROT 10g; FIB 1g; SUG 2g
WW Points+: 3; WW Smart Points: 4