I went to the dentist on Monday afternoon and found out I needed a root canal. YIKES!!!!
I’m a bit of a doctor-phobe, but I put on my big girl panties and plopped down in the dentist’s chair for the big procedure. Overall, you hear a lot of horror stories regarding root canals… honestly, it wasn’t that bad. I have to go back for a crown in a few weeks, but so far the root canal horror stories seem to be garbage.
Note: I did have nitrous and a lot of numbing injections…. but overall, I survived.
When I got home from picking up my prescriptions, I was SO excited that I had leftovers in my fridge. And… it was COMFORT food. PERFECT!
Simple Roast Beef Stroganoff
From Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes – Summer 2011
3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
Butter-flavored cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1 (17-ounce) full cooked beef roast au jus (such as Hormel or Kroger brand)
1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onion (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms to pan. Saute 6 minutes or until tender. (Note: I omitted the mushrooms and added some sauteed sliced onions instead.)
3. While mushrooms cook, microwave roast according to package directions. Strain roast, reserving 1/3 cup au jus. Break roast into bite-sized chunks using a fork.
4. Drain pasta, return to pan, and immediately stir in sour cream and soup until blended. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Gently stir in roast, reserved jus, mushrooms, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
6. Garnish with green onions and freshly ground black pepper.
PER 1 CUP SERVING:
CAL 289, FAT 11.4g; PROT 18.4g; CARB 28.8g; FIB 2g; CHOL 73mg; IRON 1.5mg; SOD 534mg; CALC 84mg; WW POINTS 8