I really miss chips and salsa. I typically don’t allow myself near the chips… but I do eat salsa.
Years and years ago, my friend Jen introduced me to the joy of having fresh salsa on hand. I quickly learned that fresh salsa (by far) trumped the stuff you could buy in the jar and have been making it this way ever since!
It whips up very nicely in a small 4 cup food processor, blender, or magic bullet. Be sure to swing back and tell me what you think!
Restaurant-Style Salsa | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 small serrano pepper, seeded or not (if you like your salsa spicy, keep the seeds)
- ½ bunch cilantro, washed and stems mostly removed 1
- 1 splash red wine vinegar or lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash ground cumin, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in food processor and blend until it's chopped well.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold, and serve with tortilla chips, tacos, or anything you fancy!