Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me in support of my post from Monday. I have to say, having a goal I’m working toward is adding a little pep to my step… and reminding me to consider the big picture, not just the moment I’m in. And, it’s working…
Considering the new “Project Me” that’s underway, I’m planning to share more volumizing recipes with you guys as I settle back into the Jenny Craig program. And, today’s recipe knocked my socks off.
I had tried the Italian Style Pasta Bake once before, and well… amongst friends, I was underwhelmed. The sausage was tasty, the pasta was good, but there was just all this sauce leftover. It made me feel like I was missing something. Like maybe I only got half the pasta I deserved…
And, then a lightbulb went off… this dish is PERFECT for volumizing. With all that extra sauce, there’s plenty to coat veggies and make this an incredible dish. That’s exactly what I did….
Because the cooler weather is starting to set in here in Colorado, I thought I’d pair the pasta with some charred, roasted fall-summer veggies. The end result: Magical.
Roasted Veggie Pasta Bake
1 package Jenny Craig Italian Style Pasta Bake
3/4 cup brussels sprouts
1/2 small onion, sliced thick
1/2 cup broccoli
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange brussels sprouts, broccoli, and onion on a cooking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Note: I roasted my whole bag of brussels for use later in the week. Also, if your brussels sprouts are on the larger side, slice in half. Mine were pretty small this time.
3. Roast vegetables in the oven for about 30 minutes, keeping an eye on them through the process. Broccoli and onion will caramelize, showing they’re done… however, use a fork to test the done-ness of the brussels sprouts. They may need to cook a few moments longer to become tender. Lightly salt and pepper your veggies as they exit the oven.
4. Cook your pasta dish per the package instructions. Meanwhile, in a larger bowl, combine your veggies.
5. Add your pasta and stir to combine.
6. Serve and enjoy!