When I lived with my friend Jen a million years ago in Tennessee, she worked in an office where folks loved to celebrate all of the holidays with a potluck. When St. Patrick’s Day rolled around, Jen made a concoction that I’d never tried before: COLCANNON.
With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I spotted the Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato and knew what I needed to make. This classically festive dish is a MUST-HAVE this St. Patrick’s Day, and you’ll stay exactly on plan!
If you haven’t had colcannon, you’re missing out!!! It’s an amazing combination of mashed potatoes, scallions, and cabbage… and it comes together perfectly with the loaded baked potato. You’re going to love this, and perhaps capture some of the luck of the Irish along the way!
Colcannon Stuffed Baked Potato
1 Jenny Craig Loaded Baked Potato
1 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
2-3 Tbsp. diced onion
2 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese – Swiss or White Cheddar Flavor
1. Dice your white onions and place them in a skillet prepared with cooking spray and set to medium heat.
2. Finely slice your cabbage and add it to the pan. Add salt and pepper. Cook until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes stirring often. Note: I used my spiralizer to prepare my cabbage.
3. Cook your baked potato in the microwave per package directions. Scoop out the insides of the potato and move them to a small bowl. Place the potato skin aside on a small plate.
4. Add the cabbage mixture to the bowl. Add wedge of laughing cow and 1/2 of the onion slices. Stir until well combined.
5. Refill the potato skin with the volumized mixture, and garnish with remaining scallions. Enjoy!!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.