This week, I craved RAMEN. If you haven’t yet tried the incredible ramen craze that is sweeping the nation, it’s time. It’s truly a treat, and a savory dish that will leave you craving more. Hmm.. Thinking, maybe try it at your own risk, as it’s a bit habit-forming. 🙂
I’ve only had it twice, but fell in love both times. The first at Uncle in Denver, the second at a little Ramen shop in the gulch in Nashville. Ramen is brothy, filling, has fun toppings, and feels a little like a warm hug one cold day. It’s everything a girl could ever want in a soup.
And then… it hit me. Maybe I could create my own Jenny-friendly ramen-inspired soup, which is exactly where this dish came from.
Oh my stars… this is a BIG bowl of soup. Let me start there. It’s not a ramen, but it’s a REALLY nice, healthy second. I loaded it with so many veggies to add texture, color, and flavor… and I think I did pretty darn good. You’ll have to let me know…
Asian Noodle Soup with Beef
1 package Jenny Craig Beef Chow Mein
1 can reduced sodium beef broth
2 tsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 – 1 tsp. asian chili paste (optional)
1/3 cup sliced onion
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup snow peas, sliced
1/4 cup green beans, chopped
1/2 cup steamed broccoli
jalapeno, for garnish
sriracha, to taste
1. Prepare your veggies. Note: I placed my cabbage on the spiralizer to create angel hair cabbage, but you could easily do it with a knife as well.
2. Saute the cabbage, snow peas, and green beans in a skillet on medium heat, prepared with cooking spray. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently and allowing your cabbage to wilt.
3. Meanwhile, prepare your beef chow mein per package instructions.
4. Combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, onion, and ginger in a medium sauce pan. Add chili paste, if desired. Bring to a boil at medium heat.
5. Add your beef chow mein and sautéed veggies to the broth. Stir to combine.
6. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until all the flavors combine.
7. Remove from heat and pour into a large soup bowl. Top with steamed broccoli, scallions, and jalapeño slices. Add sriracha, if desired. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: I receive a program discount from Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.