Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Today was the first day in Colorado where I thought… fall is definitely here. All the trees are changing, there’s brown leaves on the ground, and I feel like we are days before our first snow.
This afternoon was especially windy and just seemed like the best day for soup. I’ve had a cabbage soup on my mind for weeks, and today… it happened.
There’s nothing like a veggie-heavy soup to warm up your day. I added chopped cabbage, diced onion, and some canned tomatoes to the pot to make this hearty soup. As for the leftover Turkey Burger bun, I made it into some garlic bread and devoured it while the soup was simmering. Assuming you can exercise more restraint than me, enjoy it side-by-side with your cozy bowl of soup.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Cabbage-Turkey Soup | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Turkey Burger
- 2 Tbsp. sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1¼ cup cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup diced tomatoes, canned
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, minced - for garnish
- Cook the turkey burger patty on a microwave safe plate for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in a sauce pan at medium heat, prepared with cooking spray. Stir frequently and cook for about 2 minutes until onion becomes tender.
- Quarter your burger and place in a food processor to pulverize into a ground meat texture. Add to the sauce pan. Add salt and pepper.
- Add broth, cabbage, and tomatoes to the pan and bring to a light simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes until the cabbage becomes tender.
- Remove from heat and to a medium bowl. Top with fresh parsley, for garnish.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.