Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post. If you’re thinking about starting the Jenny Craig program, use my promo code NTTC5 for some special savings!
I’ve been living for cauliflower these days. I’m not really sure what’s up, but I’m here for it. There are much worse things that I could be obsessed with.
So, for now, the white vegetable and I are in love. And, I think it’s serious…
This unique take on the Jenny Craig Turkey Burger was incredible, and I think I may have it for dinner again tonight! Not only is the cauliflower rice reminiscent of Chipotle’s cilantro-lime rice, but the rainbow of veggies make you feel like you’re eating a chef-crafted bowl of goodness.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Turkey Taco Bowl with Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 Jenny Craig Turkey Burger
- ½ tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 5-6 grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup mixed greens
- 1 tsp. cilantro, minced (for garnish)
- 2 slices jalapeno (for garnish)
For the Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1½ cups cauliflower crumbles, fresh
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
To Make the Cauliflower Rice
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add garlic and scallions. Saute for 1-2 minutes stirring often.
- Add your cauliflower rice and salt lightly (if desired). Cook until it becomes slightly caramelized on the outside. Stir frequently, cooking about 4-5 minutes. Note: You can use frozen cauliflower rice too. Just follow the package instructions.
- Remove cooked "rice" from the heat to a small bowl, stir in fresh cilantro and lime juice.
To Make Your Taco Meat
- Remove your turkey burger from the packaging, separating the patty from the bun. Set the bun aside for now, as it will not be used in this recipe. You can eat it as garlic toast, as part of a veggie sandwich snack. Whatever you would like!
- Place the patty on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 90 seconds.
- Cut your turkey burger into fourths, and place it in your food processor to pulverize it into a taco meat consistency. Note: If you don't have a food processor, you can certainly to a fine chop with a knife and a cutting board.
- Add the turkey meat to your skillet, bringing it to medium heat. Sprinkle your taco seasoning (and cayenne, if you like things spicy) onto the meat mixture and stir to combine. Add a Tbsp. of water to combine the flavors, stirring the mixture as the water evaporates and the flavors combine.
Assembling Your Taco Bowl
- Add your cauliflower rice as a base to the bottom of the bowl to create the base.
- Arrange each additional ingredient: cabbage, tomatoes, onion, greens, turkey meat on top. Note: If you have other veggies in your fridge that you'd like to use, go for it! Get creative!
- Garnish with jalapeno and cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.