Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Have you seen the latest TikTok craze where you turn a full sized tortilla into a cool wrap? Yep, that’s what we’re making here on the blog today!
Just because we’re on a healthy eating journey doesn’t mean we can’t play along with the viral ideas. This recipe adds a few veggies to the Jenny Craig Chicken Burrito to create a colorful and flavorful wrap. And, if I’m honest, I love the layers it creates. So hearty and satisfying!
I’m including a video from Skinnytaste‘s Instagram that I saw yesterday that shows how to fold the wrap. While I’ve described it in the recipe below, Gina’s short video below offers you the visual cues you need to execute this like a milennial on TikTok.
View this post on Instagram
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Tortilla Wrap Hack Burrito | No Thanks to Cake
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray and bring it to medium heat. Add spinach leaves, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently and cooking until spinach leaves have wilted. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Next, saute the peppers and onions in a skillet. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook until peppers and onions are lightly charred (5-7 minutes). Stir often to allow the peppers to cook on all sides.
- Remove the burrito from the packaging and roll in a paper towel. Cook for 60 seconds in the microwave.
- Remove the burrito from the microwave, and carefully unroll the burrito. Be sure not to allow the tortilla to tear.
- Imagine that the tortilla is the face of a clock: Using a knife, create a cut in the tortilla from the "6 o'clock position" vertically to the center of the "clock". Using a bowl scraper, move the burrito stuffing to the top left quadrant of the circle, between "9 and 12 o'clock."
- Move the tortilla back to the skillet. Top each quadrant of the "clock" with toppings as follows: pico de gallo (3-6), sauteed spinach (1-3), and peppers and onion (6-9). Cook the tortilla for 1-2 minutes in this flat position.
- Next, using a spatula, carefully fold up the pepper and onions quadrant on top of the burrito filling section, and the pico de gallo quadrant up on top of the sauteed spinach section. At this point, it will look like a quesadilla in your pan, with a slit through the top layer. Cook 1-2 minutes before moving onto the next step.
- Finally, flip the final section over to create a wrap shaped like a piece of pie. Flip the wrap to the opposite side and cook 1-2 minutes until the tortilla is crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove from heat to a plate and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating it.
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.