Way back in my early days of blogging, I had a chance to attend a blogging conference called Fitbloggin. Long gone (like many other blogging conferences), my favorite of the series was the first one I attended in Baltimore. I met so many amazing men and women during that trip, many of which I’m still in touch with to this day.
As part of the event, we spent the day at the McCormick spice company and learned all about the spice making process, how to add flavor to any ingredient, and were treated to an incredible feast.
It was that day that I ate (and enjoyed!) cooked cauliflower for the first time and that I was introduced to turmeric.
As I’ve been going through the NTTC recipe archives, I’ve slowly but surely been recreating some of my favorite recipes as I’ve updated old posts. This recipe was one I couldn’t wait to make one more time, and to taste all those yummy flavors once again. It was exactly as delicious as I remembered!
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Tomatoes | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 container grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine turmeric, cayenne, and salt + pepper.
- Place cauliflower and tomatoes in large bowl.
- Spray vegetables lightly with cooking spray. Toss to coat well.
- Toss vegetables with the spice mixture until evenly distributed.
- Move cauliflower-tomato mixture to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Roast 40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy! Top with optional cilantro, if desired.